- 1 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortilla, ideally whole wheat
- 1 to 2 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet potato or carrot baby food
- 2 to 3 Tbsp shredded low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
2. Spread the sauce mixture onto the tortilla (stay 1/2 inch away from the edge).
3. Sprinkle on the cheese, and roll up into a log.
4. Slice and toast immediately, or wrap (unsliced) in plastic and freeze. When ready to eat, remove from freezer, slice into 4-6 pieces, and toast for a few minutes until golden brown.
French Toast Rollers
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon and salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sweet potato baby food
- 1 1/2 Tbsp carrot baby food
- 4 slices of bread (ideally whole wheat)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter + 1 Tbsp sweet potato or carrot or blueberry baby food (or other fruit spread)
- 1 mashed banana + 1 Tbsp sweet potato or carrot or blueberry baby food (or other fruit spread)
- 1 Tbsp light cream cheese + 1 Tbsp fruit spread
2. Use a rolling pin to roll out each slice of bread on a cutting board until flattened.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the optional fillings. Spread about 2 Tbsp of the filling mixture on each flattened slice of bread, keeping about 1?4 inch away from the edges. Roll up each slice of bread, pressing to seal the edges.
4. Dip each log roll in the egg mixture until saturated on all sides, then cook in a well-greased skillet over moderate heat, turning to brown each side. Remove from heat and lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Free recipes courtesy of Missy Chase Lapine, aka "The Sneaky Chef."
More recipes just like these available here.